Top Dining Near Coral Beach Resort
The last thing you are going to want to do after a busy day at the beach is come home and make dinner. Sure, the in-room kitchens are nice, but sometimes you just want to kick back, relax, and let someone else do the dirty work. You are on vacation, after all.
Well, Coral Beach is here to help! Our convenient location along the south end of Myrtle Beach puts us near a wide variety of fantastic dining options. Take a peek at a few of the options near our property and try one out during your next stay:
Art Burger Sushi Bar | Myrtle Beach Boardwalk | (843) 839-4774
Art Burger is a newcomer to the area but has quickly become a favorite among locals and visitors alike. The unique, modern atmosphere and fresh, creative menu easily makes it a one of a kind destination. The menu consists primarily of – you guessed it – burgers and sushi, making it easy to please everyone. Guests can choose from an array of gourmet burgers paired with decadent sides (like the sharp mac and cheese) or from a wide selection of chef prepared sushi. Be sure to check out their frozen drinks and desserts that are prepared with nitrogen!
Hungry Howie’s Pizza | South Kings Highway | (843) 444-2000
There’s nothing quite like a giant pizza to top off the perfect day at the beach. You can enjoy just that by ordering with Hungry Howie’s Pizza! Home of the famous flavored crust, Hungry Howie’s offers a wide array of specialty pizzas, appetizers, sandwiches, salads and more. They stay open until 3am, making it an ideal choice for a late night exploring the town. You can view their menu or place an order online or call (843) 444-2000 for more information.
Angelo’s Steak & Pasta | South Kings Highway | (843) 626-2800
Angelo’s Steak & Pasta is an area tradition and is THE spot for the best steaks and Italian cuisine in the Myrtle Beach area. Angelo’s offers a full menu with a wide array of sizzling, hand-cut chops to choose from. Additionally, they provide several Italian entrees and a full Italian buffet with homemade treats like meatballs, lasagna, chicken cacciatore, stuffed shells, and much more. This is a great spot for families – the parents can enjoy a decadent steak and the little ones can enjoy the kid-friendly pasta offerings.
Pier House Restaurant | Second Avenue Pier | (843) 445-7437
Looking for the best seafood in town? If so, look no farther than the Pier House Restaurant, the official restaurant of the Second Avenue Pier. This scenic venue is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, providing plenty of opportunities to dine on decadent local cuisine. Visitors can also take a stroll along the historic pier or travel to the third story for casual snacks and tropical drinks at Pier View, the rooftop bar.
The Market Common | Farrow Parkway
Conveniently located just a short drive from Coral Beach, The Market Common has become a dining mecca for foodies and families alike. This outdoor shopping venue is home to more than 10 unique dining options, making it easy to find an option that will appease everyone. Selections include southern comforts at Tupelo Honey Café, Asian inspired cuisine at Co Sushi, Italian favorites at Travinia Italian Kitchen, south of the border selections at Nacho Hippo, and so much more.
Where is your favorite place to dine during your stay at Coral Beach? Let us know!
Top Ways to Beat the Summer Heat
Summer is in full swing here at the beach and things sure are heating up! Though July and August are traditionally the most popular months to take a Myrtle Beach vacation they are also the two hottest months of the year. Proper sun protection and hydration will only get you so far. Sometimes, you need to take a step back from the sun, salt, and sand and kick back to cool off.
There are plenty of ways to beat the heat and keep your cool during your beach getaway, take a peek at a few of our top picks:
Wet n’ Wild Fun
Of course, it wouldn’t be a trip to Myrtle Beach without a trip to the beach! But, there are plenty of other ways to keep cool this summer that don’t involve sloshing through the sand. If you need a break from the beach, check out one of Myrtle Beach’s three family style water parks!
· Myrtle Waves Water Park: Located right across from Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Waves is the state’s largest water park! Visitors can enjoy their choice of over 12 water slides, the expansive wave pool, several lazy rivers, and much more. Tickets start at $20.99 / person and include the next day for free!
· Splashes Water Park: Splashes, the closest water park to Coral Beach, is a great way to enjoy the best of both worlds! Located oceanfront, guests can take in the beach views from the various slides and other water amenities offered. Admission starts at $18.95 / person and can be packaged with admission to the Family Kingdom Amusement Park as well.
· Wild Water & Wheels: Located just a short drive south in Surfside Beach, Wild Water & Wheels is the perfect place for thrill seekers. This unique water park includes a wide array of water amenities in addition to several rides and mini golf. Tickets start at $26.98 for full park admission and include the cost of rides.
Did Someone Say Shopping?
Yes, yes we did. Shopping is a great way to pick up a few souvenirs or stock up on a few essentials for the coming school year. The Grand Strand offers a wide array of shopping options to meet all of your needs. Visitors looking for a traditional mall experience should check out Coastal Grand, the area’s largest shopping mall complex. Upscale shoppers will love the high-end offerings at Market Common, a swanky outdoor shopping complex. Souvenir shoppers should check out Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Or, if you are looking for more of a local’s touch, try The Hammock Shops in Pawleys Island. Yes, it’s a bit of a drive but we promise it’s worth it! And finally, the bargain shoppers – don’t worry, we didn’t forget you. If you are looking for a deal look no farther than the Tanger Outlet stores.
Kick back, cool off, and enjoy an afternoon or evening of live entertainment at one of the local theatres. Whether you are in the mood for a lively concert or you want to see a mind boggling magic performance, you can find just about everything at the beach. Live entertainment options in Myrtle Beach include:
· Palace Theatre: Cirque Extreme
· Legends In Concert: Elvis Presley, Blues Brothers, Brooks & Dunn, Adele, and Bruno Mars
· Alabama Theatre: ONE The Show
· The Carolina Opry: Time Warp, Thunder & Light, and The Carolina Opry
· Medieval Times: Dinner & Show
· Pirates Voyage: Dinner & Show
We All Scream For Ice Cream
Tempt your taste buds with some of the area’s tastiest treats! Nothing “screams” summer quite like a family trip to the ice cream parlor and Myrtle Beach offers plenty of places for you to cool off your palette. If you are at Broadway at the Beach, be sure to indulge in your favorite flavors at Ben & Jerry’s; or, if you are looking for a healthier alternative, create your own frozen yogurt concoction at Froyoz. Guests who travel to the north end of the strand will definitely want to try one of the creative cool treats at Maggie Moo’s. With over 50 ice cream flavors and 50 unique mix-ins, the options are endless! Maggie Moo’s is also known for their enticing ice cream cakes and ice cream pizzas. Other popular ice cream spots include Cold Stone Creamery, Kirk’s Ice Cream Parlor, and Friendly’s Ice Cream Shop.
There’s no better way to cool off than with some ice-cold… air conditioning. Indoor attractions are plentiful in Myrtle Beach and are best enjoyed with the weather is just a bit too warm for comfort. Here are a few of our guests’ favorite indoor attractions:
· WonderWorks: This attraction is hard to miss! Often referred to as the “upside down house” at Broadway at the Beach, WonderWorks is actually a hands on science museum. Visitors can interact with and learn from more than 100 exhibits hosted inside. The museum also offers two obstacle courses, laser tag, a 6-D motion ride, and a full restaurant and bar area.
· Rockin’ Jump: Welcome to Rockin’ Jump, one of Myrtle Beach’s newest family attractions! It’s balls to the walls crazy in here – literally. Let the kids run wild in the trampoline park arena where they can bounce and flip their little hearts out. Rockin’ Jump also offers an obstacle course, rock climbing, games, and more!
· Children’s Museum of South Carolina: If you have a few younger tikes in tow, look no farther than the Children’s Museum of SC for a few hours of hands on entertainment. Explore over 20 interactive exhibits including favorites like the Famous Fraction Pizza Delivery Truck and the Habitat Habit. The museum is open daily and kids under 2 admitted for free!
· Hollywood Wax Museum: The Hollywood Wax Museum is a fun way to interact with all of your favorite celebrities. Unlike other similar attractions, this wax museum actually encourages pictures and provides hilarious props in each room. In addition to the wax museum, this center includes two other attractions – Hannah’s Maze of Mirrors and Outbreak, a Zombie Experience. Tickets may be purchased for one of all three of the attractions.
· Ripley’s Aquarium: Last but certainly not least – The Ripley’s Aquarium. Get a view of life under the sea with a vast array of aquatic exhibits. Guest favorites include Rainbow Rock, where you can find all of your favorites from Finding Dory, and Dangerous Reef, a moving glide-path that takes guests under a shark tank! It’s not hard to see why this attraction is a family favorite.
How do you keep cool during a hot summer in Myrtle Beach?
Attractions Near Coral Beach Resort
Millions of visitors flock the Myrtle Beach each year to enjoy our pristine beaches and family oriented atmosphere. Though our beaches are great – when you get your fill of the sun and sand, it is important for the area to offer plenty of other fun things to do when you have had enough of the water – and this is where Myrtle Beach shines.
The Grand Strand is packed with plenty of family friendly attractions, many of which are within just a few miles of Coral Beach Resort, meaning you won’t have to look far to please the family.
Here’s our list of attractions and entertainment close to the resort, check out a few during your stay in Myrtle Beach:
Family Kingdom Amusement Park
Perfect for thrill seekers and children of all ages, the Family Kingdom Amusement Park is an ideal spot for the whole family! Located just up the road from Coral Beach – this seaside attraction is hard to miss. The park includes daring thrill rides like the Hurricane, Swamp Fox Roller Coaster, and Galleon, and plenty of other tame rides, like Bumper Cars, Kite Flyer, and a Carousel. If you are looking for a little wet n’ wild fun, check out the Family Kingdom Water Park, located just across the street from the amusement park.
Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
The recently renovated Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is more fun than ever, especially with the addition of the iconic Myrtle Beach Skywheel. This scenic, oceanfront boardwalk spans just over a mile in length and features a variety of local shops, restaurants, and attractions. Throughout the year, the boardwalk hosts a variety of fun, family oriented events and open-air concerts that are free to the public! Great for an afternoon on the town or just a scenic walk, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is a great place for families.
Myrtle Beach Golf
Golf is a huge draw to the area and Coral Beach Resort is close to a variety of courses; from uber upscale to more casual courses, you can find it all within a few miles of your accommodations. The courses all range in price and difficulty so you can find the perfect course for your specific needs. Looking for a way to involve the kids? Check out one of the many miniature golf courses in the area! Miniature golf courses are plentiful and are an affordable way to enjoy time together.
Broadway at The Beach
Broadway at The Beach is the perfect place to go when you are looking for a venue that combines the area’s best attractions, shopping, and dining all in one convenient location! Located just a few miles away on 21st avenue, Broadway is Myrtle Beach’s epicenter for family friendly fun. Enjoy outdoor attractions, like the Broadway Grand Prix, Myrtle Waves Water Park, or a Myrtle Beach Pelican’s baseball game. If you get caught with a rare rainy day – fret not! Broadway offers a variety of indoor attractions, like The Big D Theater, Ripley’s Aquarium, WonderWorks, and MagiQuest.
Aside from the popular Ripley’s Aquarium, located at Broadway at The Beach, there are three other exciting Ripley’s attractions, all located within a stone’s throw of Coral Beach in the downtown area of Myrtle Beach. The Marvelous Mirror Maze is a unique attraction that takes you through a winding maze filled with dead ends and surprising corners – all while the walls are covered in mirrors! The 5D Moving Theater utilizes cutting edge technology and a state of the art motion simulator to give you the experience of a lifetime. Finally, the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum showcases oddities from around the world – you won’t believe your eyes!
We want to know – what is YOUR favorite Myrtle Beach attraction?