Top 10 Under $10 Near Coral Beach: Attractions
Planning a Myrtle Beach vacation can quickly escalate into a costly endeavor. The cost of travel, meals, and entertainment can seem overwhelming.
If sticking to a budget is a concern, fret not! Coral Beach Resort is here to help.
Not only is Myrtle Beach one of the most family friendly attractions along the east coast, but also one of the most affordable. In fact, Coral Beach Resort offers a convenient location near many affordable family entertainment options.
Want to know how to get the most out of your money without spending more than $10 dollars per person? We have the scoop on the top 10 attractions in Myrtle Beach all under $10!
1. Putt-Putt | Various Locations
What could be more fun than a little family competition? Though Myrtle Beach is known as the golf capital of the world, the fun doesn’t stop on the greens. Golfers of all levels can enjoy trying their hand at this age old beach tradition.
A few mini-golf courses near Coral Beach Include:
Myrtle Beach is notorious for the dozens of mini-golf spots scattered around the city. Not only can you find an awesome place to knock out a few holes at, but you can also play a round for under $10!
- Spyglass Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10:30pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 10 are $7. Call (843)-626-9309 for more information.
- Treasure Island Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 7 are $7. Call (843)-449-4754 for more information.
- Jungle Lagoon | 5th Ave South: Open from 10am to 9pm. Tickets are $8 for adults and children 5 to 12 are $6.50. Looking to play all day? All Day Rates for adults are only $9.50, and children $8.50. Call (843)-626-7894 for more information.
- Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 8pm. Tickets are $9 before 6pm for all ages. Call (843)-913-7851 for more information.
2.) Catch a Movie | Various Theaters
Need a break from the heat? Or, did you get stuck with a rare rainy beach day? Don’t fret! Myrtle Beach offers several fun ways to spend time together as a family indoors, including several movie theaters. Catch the latest flicks at one of the area theaters: Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grand Mall, & Market Common.
Cinemark at the Coastal Grand Mall offers special daily promotions all under $10! Tuesdays are discount days all day making tickets only $4.75. There is an Early Bird special that runs daily for the first matinee showtime of the day that starts before 1pm. Tickets for the Early Bird special are $5.25. For more information on prices and for showtimes at Cinemark please call (843)-839-3225.
Movie prices vary, but are in the $6 - $9 range per person, depending on the time of day. Don’t forget to budget a little extra to splurge on your favorite movie snacks!
3.) Visit The Arcade | Various Location
One of the most forgotten and inexpensive activities one could participate in is the arcade. Replay classic arcade games like skee ball, pacman, and the pinball machine! $10 dollars goes a long way over at the arcade so don’t be afraid to indulge.
A few arcades near Coral Beach Include:
- Fun Plaza | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located on the strip in Myrtle Beach, Fun Plaza is open from 10am - 12am. Call (843)-448-5141 for more information.
- Boardwalk Arcade | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located along the scenic Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this arcade is open daily from 10am - 10pm. Call (843) 997-1536 for information.
- Jungle Fun Arcade | Coastal Grand Mall: Jungle Fun Arcade is located inside of the Coastal Grand Mall right beside the food court. Open from 10am to 9pm, call (843)-839-3329 for more information.
4.) Grab Tickets to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a minor league baseball team located right in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Grabbing a few tickets to one of their games doesn’t just allow for a great baseball experience with the family but will also not break the bank. Ticket prices vary between $7 and $9 dollars depending on the day and the section the tickets are in.
The Pelicans offer several fun, family-friendly promotions throughout the week, including…
- Backpack Buddies Monday: Donate an item from the approved Backpack Buddies List and receive ½ price admission.
- Craft Beer Tuesday: $2 12 oz. craft draughts from 6pm-8pm.
- Wiener Wednesday: BOGO Hebrew National hot dogs!
- Thirsty Thursday: $1.00 Bud & Bud Light Draughts and $2 16 oz. cans from 6pm-8pm.
They also offer post-game fireworks during the summer games when weather is permitting. For more information on tickets and games call (843)-918-6002.
5.) Check Out A Pier
There are several piers just a short distance from Coral Beach Resort, making this activity fast and easy. Every pier in Myrtle Beach allows for amazing views of the beautiful coastline, and a quick place to grab a bite to eat, and even fishing opportunities. Most piers are either free or charge $1-$2 to enter and fishing starts as low as $7 for the day.
Popular Piers Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- 2nd Ave Pier | Myrtle Beach: 2nd Avenue Pier is open from 7am - 9pm daily (hours vary seasonally). Fishing passes are $9. Call (843)-626-8480 for more information.
- 14th Ave. Pier | Myrtle Beach: 14th Avenue Pier is open from 7am - 11pm daily. Fishing passes are $7. Please call (843)-448-4314 for more information.
- Springmaid Pier | Myrtle Beach: The Springmaid Pier is open from 6am - midnight daily. Fishing passes are $9 per day to fish. Call (843)-315-7156 for more information.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier | Myrtle Beach: The State Park pier is open during park hours, which are from 6am - 8pm. A pier pass is $5 for adults and $3 for ages 6-15. SC residents 65 and older are $3.25. Call (843)-238-5326 for more information.
6.) Hot Summer Nights
Toss your $10 dollars back into your wallet because the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk brings you FREE events from June - August. The Hot Summer Nights series offers live entertainment, fireworks, games, volleyball tournaments, and an entire night dedicated to kids!
Monday | Kidz Carnival | Plyler Park
Enjoy kids’ entertainment, huge inflatables, face painting, balloon animals, and more! This event is held every Monday from June 6th through August 15th from 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday | Rock-n-Rumble | 9th Ave Stage
Live entertainment on the 9th Ave Stage from 7pm to 9pm between the Bowery and the beach volleyball courts. Stick around after the show for live fireworks, which are known to be the best show along the Grand Strand! Wednesday nights in Plyler Park between 8pm and 9:30pm are dedicated to David Chaney, the Boardwalk Elvis!
Friday| Seaside Concerts | Plyler Park
Every Friday night enjoy a variety of top bands in the area on the I Love Sugar Stage in Plyler Park. Shows run from 7pm to 10pm.
Sunday | Celebrations Concert Series | Plyler Park
Every Sunday night on the I Love Sugar Stage, come down and view Contemporary Christian Rock bands from 7pm to 8:30pm.
7.) Myrtle Beach State Park| Myrtle Beach
This lovely state park is the perfect location to spend the day hiking, camping, fishing, and even relaxing by the ocean. Admission prices are only $5 for adults, $3.25 for SC Seniors 65 and older, $3 for children ages 6 through 15 and free for children 5 and younger.
The park offers tons of activities and events to keep you busy during your visit. Various crafts are offered for children, several picnic shelters are scattered along the park, and self-led activities such as a scavenger hunt and maritime forest bingo are also available.
The park is open daily from 6am - 10pm, please call (843)-238-5325 for more information.
8.) Enjoy A Little Friendly Competition - Bowling
Bowling is a fun and exciting way to spend an afternoon if you need a break from the heat or you want to try out your killer bowling skills. Most bowling alleys in the area offer awesome daily promotions so you can really get a bang for your buck!
Bowling Alleys Near Coral Beach Include:
- Myrtle Beach Bowl | Myrtle Beach: Located in the center of town, this bowling alley provides the best deals and promotions to get your $10 dollars worth! 1-hour games with shoes are only $8 per person, which leaves you with a couple bucks left over for a snack or a hydrating beverage. Don’t forget to register your kids online because all summer long, kids bowl for free! Hours of operation vary depending on the day, so make sure to look up the hours prior to walking in. Call (843)-236-1020 for more information
- Surfside Bowl | Surfside Beach: Located just a couple miles up the road from our resort, Surfside Bowl will bring hours of nonstop fun for everyone! With single game prices varying between $3.25 to $4.00 (not including shoes) there is no doubt you will have some extra cash leftover to splurge over at their arcade or their grill & bar! For more information please call (843)-839-2000
- 710 Bowling: Located just a short drive north, 710 Bowling is a recent addition to the Grand Strand. Not only does 710 offer several traditional bowling lanes, this family epicenter also offers glow bowling, arcade games, pool tables, yard games like bocce ball and corn hole, board games, darts, and a full restaurant and bar. Call (843) 663-2695 for more information.
9.) Ripley’s Mirror Maze | Ocean Blvd.
Located along the boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, this thrilling adventure takes you face-to-face through an LED lighting and digital sound mirror maze! Grab a friend and compete for the fastest time! Tickets are just $9.99 for all ages and will allow you to enter as many times as you please during the date of your ticket purchase. Tickets can be purchased online or in person. Call (843)-448-2331 for more information.
10.) Have A Picnic At A Local Park
Pack a bag of snacks and beverages, stuff a couple beach towels in the car, and head out to one of the beautiful parks Myrtle Beach has to offer for a picnic! A picnic in one of the local parks is an inexpensive and relaxing activity that will brighten up your day. Area parks not only offer a great way to enjoy the beautiful beach weather, but also plenty of open space and park equipment to keep your crew busy for an afternoon.
Parks Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- Anderson Family Park | 20th Ave. N. Ocean Blvd.
- Chapin Park | 16th Ave. N. and Hwy 17
- Grand Park | The Market Common
- Justin W. Plyler Boardwalk Park| Mr. Joe White Ave and Ocean Blvd.
- Mclean Park | Oak Drive
- Plyler Park | N. Ocean Blvd.
There you have it, our list of the Top 10 attractions near Coral Beach resort that you can enjoy for under $10 / person! If you want to save even more money during your vacation, be sure to visit our resort specials page to see our current discounts.
Spring Events in Myrtle Beach
Spring is in the air and Myrtle Beach has plenty in store to help you get out and enjoy the warm weather. From festive St. Patrick’s Day festivals to tasty culinary events, Spring offers plenty to do for our beach visitors! And, our family friendly resort is situated close to all of the action. Curious about what Myrtle Beach has in store for you?
Take a look at these top Spring events in Myrtle Beach
Irish Festival | Market Common | March 11th
Looking for a family friendly St. Pat's celebration? If so, head just a short drive south to the annual Irish Festival at Market Common. Visitors and locals alike flock to Valor Park each year to take part in outdoor games, family crafts, inflatables, face painting, and so much more. There will also be live entertainment throughout the afternoon, plenty of food vendors, and a spacious craft beer garden for the adults. The fun runs from 11am - 7pm - you won't want to miss out!
North Myrtle Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade | March 11th
Kick off your Irish celebration bright and early by attending the 29th Annual North Myrtle Beach Parade & Festival. This family-friendly event begins promptly at 9am with the parade down Main Street. The official festival will begin immediately following the parade at 11am and will feature two live entertainment stages, children’s activities including games, rides, and inflatables, and more than 150 local food and retail vendors.
Myrtle Beach Highland Games | Market Common | March 24th – 25th
Celebrate time with family and friends and the great Scottish heritage at the annual Myrtle Beach Highland Games, presented by the Myrtle Beach Regional Pipe Band. This festive two-day event showcases several Scottish games and athletic competitions, an authentic clan village and Celtic marketplace, Scottish whiskey tastings, live music and entertainment, tasty food, and plenty of activities for kids. This event is free to attend and takes place from 6pm – 9pm on Friday and 9am – 5pm pm on Saturday.
Breakfast With The Easter Bunny | Market Common | Various Dates
Breakfast With The Easter Bunny is a four-week series presented by Market Common. Each Saturday in March the Easter Bunny will make special appearances at a select area restaurant. The morning event will include breakfast and a meet & greet with Mr. Bunny. The price is only $10 / person and children under 4 are free of charge. Locations and dates for the events are as follows:
- March 25th – The Brass Tap (843) 945 – 1747
- April 1st - Travina Italian Kitchen (843) 233-8500
- April 8th - Tupelo Honey Café (843) 315-3780
- April 15th - Gordon Biersch (843) 839-0249
Please call each restaurant location for more information and reservations.
Easter Bunny Brunch | Children's Museum of South Carolina | April 8th
Enjoy a tasty breakfast spread and a meet & greet with Mr. Bunny himself at the inagural Easter Bunny Brunch. This Children's Museum event kicks off at 8am and will include a hot brunch buffet, Easter themed activities and games, and a complimentary photo. Visitors can also enjoy an Easter egg hunt around the museum immediately after breakfast. Tickets are $6 / person for members and $12 / person for non-members; call (843) 946-9469 for information.
Myrtle Beach Pelican’s Baseball Kickoff | April 13th - 19th
Stock up on peanuts and cracker jacks – baseball season is just around the corner! The Myrtle Beach Pelicans, a minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, will kick-off the season with a week-long home opener against the Frederick Keys. Myrtle Beach Pelicans games are always fun for the whole family as the team puts on entertainment between innings and several other fun promotions throughout the week like “$2sDay Brewsday” (which offers $2 craft beer from 6-8), “Weiner Wednesdays” (which offers $1 hotdogs all night long), and weekly fireworks shows. Tickets can be purchased in advance at any time or at the stadium box-office and games start at 7:05pm (unless stated otherwise). Call (843) 918-6000 for more information.
Little River Blue Crab Festival | May 20th – 21st
The “Word Famous” Little River Blue Crab Festival draws crowds of over 50,000 each year, making it one of the biggest festivals in the southeast. Guests flock from far and wide each year to take part in food, fellowship, friends, and plenty of crab, of course! This weekend-long event will offer live entertainment from popular local performers, arts and crafts, children’s activities, games, and tons of local food and business vendors. This event is truly one of a kind and is fun for the whole family! Tickets are $4 if purchased in advance or $5 at the gate and the festival runs from 9am – 6pm each day. Call (843) 249-604 for more information.
Be sure to check out our great Spring rates and book your early beach getaway today!
Holiday Events Near Coral Beach Resort
The holiday season is upon us and Myrtle Beach is filled with Christmas cheer! From exciting local parades to lively holiday themed entertainment, you are sure to find plenty to keep you busy throughout the month. Snowbirds and holiday visitors alike are sure to enjoy these top entertainment choices – many of which are located right near Coral Beach Resort.
Myrtle Beach Holiday Shows
The holiday fun officially kicks off right after Halloween weekend for many Myrtle Beach area theaters. The Alabama Theatre, The Carolina Opry, and Legends in Concert will all debut their Christmas shows the first week of November.
Alabama Theatre “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show”
The Alabama Theatre knows how to put on a show and their holiday spectacular is no exception! Enjoy lively performances of both classic and contemporary holiday tunes at this annual show that will run from November 2nd – January 2nd.
The Carolina Opry “Christmas Show of The South”
The Carolina Opry is proud to once again present their annual “Christmas Show of The South”. This grand spectacle showcases some of the top musical talent along the Grand Strand and will run from November 2nd – January 2nd.
Legends In Concert
See your favorite celebrities performing your favorite holiday tunes at Legends in Concert! Conveniently located across from Broadway at the Beach, Legends in Concert always features a spectacular impersonator lineup and performances that will keep you on your feet!
If you are looking for a great holiday event for the whole family, be sure to check out the seasonal show offered at Pirate’s Voyage! This dinner and show combo runs from November 5th – January 2nd and includes a decadent four course meal.
Myrtle Beach Area Christmas Parades
The Grand Strand offers several Christmas parades throughout the holiday season to help put you in the holiday spirit!
· Little River: Intracoastal Christmas Regatta, November 28th, 5pm
· North Myrtle Beach: North Myrtle Beach Christmas Parade, December 3rd, 5:30 pm
· Myrtle Beach: Broadway at the Beach Holiday Parade, December 5th, 11am
· Murrells Inlet: Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade, December 6th, 3 pm
· Conway: Downtown Conway Christmas Parade, December 12th, 10am
· Surfside Beach: Surfside Beach Christmas Parade, December 12th, 2pm
Myrtle Beach Holidays on the Boardwalk
The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is a popular draw for guests throughout the year and the holidays are no exception. Head just a few short blocks from Coral Beach Resort to take advantage of the following festive holiday activities:
· November 26th – Tree lighting ceremony at Plyler Park
· December 3rd – Santa Paws Doggie Contest Benefiting Grand Strand Humane Society
· December 10th – Family Christmas movie & hot chocolate on the lawn
· December 20th – Community candlelight caroling & family scavenger hunt
· December 31st – New Year’s Eve oyster roast
Additionally, each event will feature family friendly games and activities along the boardwalk, like camel rides, polar express train rides, live music and entertainment, special appearances from Santa & Mrs. Claus, and much more.
A Very Broadway Christmas | Broadway at the Beach | December 3rd
Get in the holiday spirit and get a little holiday shopping done at Broadway at the Beach! The fun kicks off with the annual Broadway at the Beach Christmas parade at 11am. The parade starts at The Ripley’s Aquarium and meanders all the way around the Broadway complex. Following the parade, Broadway will offer an array of family friendly games and entertainment throughout the afternoon. This is the perfect time to explore the local shops and enjoy the festive decorations. The evening will conclude with the annual Broadway at the Beach tree lighting at 6pm, followed by a spectacular fireworks show over the lake.
Festival of Trees | Ripley’s Aquarium | November 6th – December 31st
Experience the area’s most colorful and comprehensive display of Christmas trees at The Ripley’s Aquarium. The annual Festival of Trees event offers fifty uniquely decorated trees, one for each state. The entire facility will be decked from top to bottom with holiday cheer, including decorations for each exhibit. Come see this impressive display and enjoy all of the other year-round aquarium attractions, including the famous Dangerous Reef exhibit. This holiday event is included with regular aquarium admission. Call (800) 734-8888 for more information.
Night of a Thousand Candles | Brookgreen Gardens | Various Dates
The Night of a Thousand Candles event at Brookgreen Gardens is one of the area’s most highly anticipated annual events. As the name suggests, this special event will feature more than 5,000 hand lit candles scattered throughout the scenic gardens, creating a truly enchanting atmosphere. Guests can enjoy perusing the holiday themed exhibits while sipping on warm cider or cocoa and listening to live holiday entertainment. This event takes place on select weekends before Christmas:
· December 1st – 3rd
· December 8th – 10th
· December 15th – 18th
Call (843) 235-6000 for more information or to purchase tickets.
What holiday event are you most looking forward to during your holiday visit to Myrtle Beach?
Be sure to check our Resort Deals page to save big this holiday season!