Top 5 Under $10 Near Coral Beach Resort
Planning a family vacation in Myrtle Beach can quickly escalate into a costly endeavor, especially after you add in the cost of dining, attractions, and entertainment. However, you are in luck. As a top affordable family destination, Myrtle Beach offers plenty of dining options that won’t break the bank.
If you are staying at Coral Beach Resort, check out these great local spots where you can enjoy a meal for under $10 / person.
Woodhaven Pancake House | South Kings Highway | (843) 448-2277
Start off your beach day on a high note with a tasty breakfast at Woodhaven Pancake House. The expansive menu at this local spot makes it ideal for even the pickiest palate and includes an array of homemade favorites. Guests love the 44 signature omelettes, more than any other pancake house in the area, and guests with a sweet tooth will enjoy the fluffy pancakes and waffles with signature add-ins. The menu also includes several lunch options like salads, sandwiches, and more.
Peaches Corner | Myrtle Beach Boardwalk | (843) 488-7424
Peaches Corner is a Myrtle Beach tradition for guests young and old. A boardwalk staple since 1937, Peaches is known for serving up tasty beach fare at a price you can afford. Popular options include the signature burgers, gourmet hotdogs, and hand-scooped ice cream. Peaches is the perfect spot to fill up on the go while exploring the bustling boardwalk area. Prices average only $6 / person for an entrée item.
Simply Southern | 10th Avenue North | (843) 839-1913
Lovers of authentic southern BBQ rejoice! Simply Southern Smokehouse is the area’s one stop shop for decadent southern style food that is both delicious and affordable. This buffet-style eatery offers a plethora of homemade options that are served fresh daily. Offerings vary daily but often include entrees like fried chicken, pulled pork, chicken bog, and fried pork chops, and delicious sides like mashed potatoes, collards, okra, macaroni and cheese, and much more. Prices are only $8 / person for lunch or $10 / person for dinner with discounts for children.
Friendly’s | South Kings Highway | (843) 916-8636
Families always come first at Friendly’s. This popular gathering spot has been an American favorite for more than 75 years and Myrtle Beach is lucky to have not one but TWO locations. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner here for a ridiculously reasonable price. Popular items include flavorful sandwiches, breakfast platters, gourmet salads and soups, grilled burgers, and more. Prices average only $8 / person for an entrée item.
Hungry Howie’s | South Kings Highway | (843) 444-2000
Do you need to feed a hungry family on a budget? If so, consider grabbing a gourmet pie from Hungry Howie’s! This regional chain is a favorite among visitors and locals alike and is famous for their variety of flavored crust options. They also offer several creative pizza concoctions like the Bacon Cheddar Burger and the Howie Maui. Or, if you prefer, you can customize your own favorite dish. Prices average $18 / pizza – split 4 ways for a family that comes out to less than $5 / person! Call (843) 444-2000 or Click Here for online ordering.
Be sure to check the Myrtle Beach section of our website for even more affordable dining options.
Indoor Waterpark Fun at Coral Beach Resort
If you're from the warm and sunny South, even the balmy weather of Myrtle Beach's winter and spring off-season can seem a bit too brisk for frolicking along the oceanfront and basking in the cool winter sun. Well, this is exactly why man invented the indoor water park! Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has several of these clever attractions that mix the warmth and controlled experience of an inside environment with the splashing, screaming, and chaos of waterslides, wave pools, and the like.
What is an Indoor Water Park?
The indoor water parks Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand offer its guests are generally part of some larger structure, whether it's a hotel or an amusement park. What that means to you is that there's often someone from the other 'area' of the business around waiting to pamper you if you should need something. Particularly at the resorts, the attendants who watch over the water parks are happy to go and bring you an appetizer from one of the on-site fine dining restaurants, for example. And that’s exactly what you can expect here at Coral Beach Resort!
Why A Waterpark Hotel?
So what's the best thing about mixing hotels with a water park? Well, the experience of being able to enjoy a unique, one-of-a-kind experience just steps from your hotel room is a convenience in itself! Where else in the world can you stay in a multi-room suite with a kitchenette, a full bath, a hot tub, killer room service, a view of the sunrise over the Atlantic, three or four-star onsite restaurants and water slides? Certainly, there are those hotels that have typical water features like pools and lazy rivers -- but when it comes to hotel-water parks, Coral Beach Resort does it like no one else does.
Why Indoor Pool Facilities?
At a typical off-season fall or spring trip to one of it’s the area’s waterparks, the weather in Myrtle Beach will probably be drifting around 65 degrees Fahrenheit -- quite pleasant if you're from Philadelphia or Seattle, but not so hot if you're visiting from Phoenix or Tampa Bay. But, it'll be around 75 degrees at the inside waterpark pool facility -- perfect to enjoy some indoor fun. At the same time, if you're from the cold northern climes and you come to the Grand Strand during the hottest part of summer, you'll find that the temperature is still a pleasant 75 degrees indoors – making it ideal for any season! Myrtle Beach might be a bit intemperate at times out-of-doors, but there's no reason it has to be that way inside, right?
Why Coral Beach Resort Waterpark?
So what goes on in one of these magnificent water parks? Wet ‘n wild fun for everyone, that's what! Specifically at Coral Beach Resort Waterpark, there's quite a bit that you can find. Water slides, an oceanfront lazy river, and several pools, or course -- but also water sports from volleyball to water polo, water squirters that you can use to get into a water brawl with the rest of your family, and much more. It's a heck of a lot more than just a place to water slide . The indoor portion of our water facilities includes a spacious indoor pool and several indoor jacuzzis. You might find yourself shooting hoops in a sports-themed pool, lazing around in the slow and wide lazy river, or standing under an enormous shower of water gushing down from on high and splashing over the patio floor.
Whatever happens at your choice of the indoor water parks, Myrtle Beach will welcome you with open arms.
Be sure to check our resort deals page to see how much you can save by staying at Coral Beach Resort & Waterpark!
Your Guide To The Perfect Myrtle Beach Honeymoon
You have planned your dream wedding and everything is ready. Married life is waiting for you and the wedding is fast approaching. But - what about your honeymoon? Have you found the perfect place to “get away” from it all while keeping budget in mind?
Whether you are seeking a remote, romantic getaway or an action packed week of excitement and activity, a honeymoon in Myrtle Beach truly offers something for anyone. Though it sounds cliché – our pristine beaches offer variety and romance for any budget or taste.
Take a look at a few popular honeymoon itineraries for different types of travelers and start planning your honeymoon bliss at Coral Beach Today!
Budget-Friendly Honeymoon Getaway
Yes – it IS still possible to enjoy a relaxing beach getaway for your honeymoon without breaking the bank! There are several ways to save money on a beach honeymoon right off the bat:
· Time of year – Taking a spring or fall vacation in Myrtle Beach will save big bucks when it comes to your hotel. These seasons are particularly popular for weddings so the timing matches nicely with wedding season, though Myrtle Beach isn’t nearly as busy during this “shoulder season”. Hotel rates are quite a bit more affordable and you will be able to get a better bang for your buck.
· Type of room – Can you live without the oceanfront view? If so, opt for an oceanview or interior room to save some extra cash. Also, if you want to save on your other expenses, opt for a unit with either an efficiency or a full kitchen. Though these sometimes cost a small amount more than units without these features, you will save more in the long run by cooking a few meals at home – assuming you don’t mind a little cooking on your vacay.
· When you book – Like any other vacation, booking your getaway in advance can also save you a pretty penny in the long run. Room rates are dictated by simple economics and as rooms fill up the rates increase. Avoid these inevitable price increases by booking as far in advance as possible. Coral Beach actually has an Early Book Program that offers lower rates for advanced bookings.
Be sure to check our resort deals page for current accommodation discounts!
You can also take advantage of these Free things to do in Myrtle Beach:
· Franklin G. Burroughs – Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum
· Enjoy a stroll down the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
· Free events at local hotspots like Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Market Common, and the Downtown Myrtle Beach area
· Area parks like Valor Park or the new North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex
· The beach – of course!
Adventure –Packed Honeymoon
Are you a thrill-seeker or lover of the outdoors and adventure? If so, you will be quite pleased with the eclectic selection of daring attractions and activities that the Myrtle Beach area has to offer.
Myrtle Beach Adventure Attractions
· Go Ape Outdoor Ropes & Obstacle Course
· Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball
· Amusement Parks like Family Kingdom or Broadway Grand Prix
· Water parks like Myrtle Waves and Wild Water and Wheels
· Thrill Rides are also available at Broadway at the Beach and Downtown Myrtle Beach
· Fishing Charter
· Myrtle Beach Helicopter Adventure
· Skydive Myrtle Beach
It wouldn’t be a true adventure without daring cuisine! The Myrtle Beach area offers a surprising amount of ethnic and eclectic cuisine to try:
· The Chemist – Molecular Gastronomy / Tapas
· Masala – Indian Cuisine
· Co Sushi – Vietnamese & Sushi
· Redi-Et – Ethiopian Cuisine
· Café Old Vienna – German Cuisine
· Grecian Delight – Greek Cuisine
· Brentwood Restaurant – Upscale French Cuisine
The key to a truly relaxing honeymoon is to not overthink things. Over planning and a strict itinerary can ruin the mood. Instead, check out these easy-going activities and play your honeymoon by ear!
· Spa Day at local favorites like Celestial Spa on Cloud 9 or Coastal Holistics
· Brookgreen Gardens
· Explore the south end of the Strand – the quiet seaside towns of Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island offer a slower pace that will fit in perfect with your laid-back vacation
· Enjoy a leisurely game of golf
· Take a stroll down the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Second Avenue Pier
· Catch a flick at Broadway at the Beach
· Tours & tastings at local breweries and wineries like New South, La Belle Amie, and Duplin
· Read your favorite book at the beach
· Ripley’s Aquarium
You can also kickback and enjoy a bite to eat and a glass (or two) of your favorite beverage at these laid-back eateries:
· Boom Boom Wine Room – Tapas, wine cruvinet system
· Fire and Smoke Gastropub – Tapas
· Bandito’s Cantina
· Sun City Café
· Pier View Restaurant & Bar
· ART Burger Sushi Bar
· Anchor Café
· Restaurants at Murrells Inlet MarshWalk
Luxury Splurge Honeymoon
Is your honeymoon a “go big or go home” event? If so, prepare to be wined and dined at some of the east coast’s most fabulous restaurants and plan to indulge in absolute decadence.
These high-end attractions are sure to keep you entertained:
· Spa Day at local favorites like Celestial Spa on Cloud 9 or Coastal Holistics
· Brookgreen Gardens
· Fishing charter
· Boat or jet ski rentals
· The Big “M” Casino Boat
· Shopping at Market Common or Hammock Shops
· Helicopter Adventures
Myrtle Beach Fine Dining
· Collector’s Café
· Ruth’s Chris Steak House
· Rivertown Bistro
· Thoroughbreds Restaurant
· Bliss Restaurant & Lounge
· Sea Blue Restaurant and Wine Bar
· Brentwood Restaurant
· Sea Captain’s House
· The Library
· Croissants Bistro & Bakery
Blended families are incredibly common this day in age and sometimes couples choose to make their honeymoon a family affair. If this is the case – fret not – as Coral Beach Resort is the ideal place for groups of just about any size. We offer many family-sized suites and condos to meet any of your needs, all of which offer the familiar comforts of home and the space and privacy you need.
You certainly won’t be short on entertainment either, both on-site and off-site. Coral Beach offers a wide array of exciting amenities that will keep the little ones busy for hours while the parents kick back and relax. Popular property perks include our oceanfront resort waterpark, multiple unique on-site dining options, and The Entertainment Zone, which offer a full arcade and bowling facility.
If you decide to hit the town, check our a few of these popular family-friendly attractions:
· Family Kingdom Amusement Park
· Broadway at the Beach attractions like WonderWorks, Broadway Grand Prix, and The Big D Theatre
· Local sporting events like Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball or Myrtle Beach Mutiny Soccer
· Waterparks like Myrtle Waves or Wild Water and Wheels
· Hollywood Wax Museum
· Ripley’s Aquarium
· Children’s Museum of South Carolina
We are sure you’ll want to stop and refuel at some point, so be sure to try out a few of these family-friendly restaurants:
· Ultimate California Pizza Zone
· Bandito’s Cantina
· Carolina Roadhouse
· Angelo’s Steak & Pasta
· Dagwood’s Deli
· River City Café
· Amici’s Brick Over &Italian Bistro
As you can see, there are plenty of options when it comes to planning the perfect Myrtle Beach honeymoon!
Be sure to check our resort deals page for savings or call us at 1-800-314-8060 for questions or to book your dream beach getaway.