Top 7 Myrtle Beach Summer Events For 2017
Summer is finally here, and we couldn't be more thrilled! The sun is out, the sky is blue, there's tons happening here, where are you?!
Myrtle Beach offers plenty to do outside of the sun and sand during the summer. If your family is itching to get out and explore the area, consider one of these prime area events!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball | Ongoing
Looking to take the family out for a night out on the town? If so, look no farther than the Myrtle Beach Pelicans! This local affiliate of the Chicago Cubs is a fun and affordable way to enjoy a bit of quality time together while on vacation. The Pelicans play all summer long and host several events throughout the week to keep guests entertained.
Special Weekly Promotions Include:
· $2sDay BrewsDay - $2 Craft Beer drafts from 6pm – 8pm
· Weiner Wednesday – BOGO Hebrew National hotdogs
· Thirsty Thursday - $1 Domestic Drafts from 6pm – 8pm
Additionally, the Pelicans host different theme nights throughout the week and host between-inning games to keep the crowd pumped. Ticket start at only $13 and can be purchased online.
Hot Summer Nights | Ongoing
Looking for fun, affordable family entertainment? If so, look no farther than the Hot Summer Nights festival that takes place throughout the summer along the bustling Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. This annual event features several weekly events for families, all of which are completely free to attend! Events include free concerts along the two oceanfront stages, a weekly Kids' Carnival, roaming street entertainment, kids' games and activities, and much more. Simply head down to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk between une 12th - September 4th to see what all the buzz is about!
World Famous Blue Crab Festival | May 20th - 21st
Seafood lovers, rejoice! The 36th Annual Blue Crab Festival will take place on Saturday & Sunday, May 20th - 21st just a short drive north along the waterfront in Little River (North Myrtle Beach area). This annual event is a favorite among visitors and locals alike! The two-day festival will celebrate local seafood and chef's, with a particular spotlight on local blue crabs. Enjoy everything from crab cakes and crab mac and cheese to fresh steamed crabs and more! There will also be plenty of fare for visitors who aren't a fan of seafood, in addition to more than 300 local vendors and exciting live entertainment throught the weekend. Performers for the 2017 event include Gary Lowder & Smokin' Hot, Jim Quick & Coastline, Blackwater Rythm & Blies, and Midnight Allie - to name a few. The festival will run from 9am - 6pm both days an admission is $4 in advance or $5 at the gate (children 12 & under are free).
Sun Fun Festival | June 2nd – 3rd
Long-time beachgoers will remember this Myrtle Beach tradition! The Sun Fun Festival was an annual beach even for more than 50 years until 2011 when the event was put on hiatus. Well, the festival is back and promises to be bigger and better than ever!
Festival events will include tons of live entertainment, the Sun Fun Parade (Saturday, 10am along Ocean Boulevard), beach games and competitions, shag lessons and dance competitions, family friendly games and activities, fireworks, and more!
This event is free to attend and runs all weekend long!
Carolina Country Music Fest | June 8th – 11th
Pack your boots and grab tickets to the biggest country music festival the beach has ever seen! Get ready for four days of action-packed live entertainment featuring some of the industry’s biggest players. Headliners include Florida Georgia Line, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Sam Hunt, Rascall Flatts, Kelsea Ballerini, and many more. This four-day event will also host an impressive array of local souvenir and food vendors to keep you busy between shows. Tickets are available online and reservations at Coral Beach are still available – check rates now.
July 4th in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is the place to be for July 4th! From festive family activities and boat parades to foodie events and fireworks, there is plenty to do during this patriotic event. Here are a few events that your family can enjoy that weekend:
· Murrells Inlet Boat Parade (Tuesday, July 4th) – The parade begins at the Garden City Point and ends at Hot Fish Club. This year’s parade will begin at 4pm.
· Independence Day Cookout (Saturday, July 1st) – La Belle Amie Vineyard is hosting their annual 4th of July cookout on Saturday this year at the vineyard. The event will include live entertainment, complimentary wine samples, and plenty of food available for purchase. Admission is $5.
· Croissants Cupcake Eating Content (Tuesday, July 4th) – Contestants will have five minutes to eat as many cupcakes as they can! Interested guests can sign up in advance to participate. The event will take place from 2pm – 4pm at Broadway at the Beach.
· Fireworks (Tuesday, July 4th) – Guests can find 4th of July Fireworks at Broadway at the Beach, Second Avenue Pier, Surfside Beach, Barefoot Landing, Murrells Inlet, and Cherry Grove Pier.
Coastal Uncorked | September 1st - 3rd
Coastal Uncorked has grown to become the area’s premier food and wine event and is a Labor Day weekend tradition! This year’s event will follow in last year’s footsteps with a new venue and three-day lineup. Friday evening is a Moonshine Cocktail event with desserts, Saturday is the area’s largest craft beer festival, and Sunday is the wine tasting grand finale. All events will take place at Broadway at the Beach. Tickets are available for individual nights or as a package. Visit the Coastal Uncorked webpage for more information on times and tickets.
What is your favorite summer event in Myrtle Beach? Let us know!
Top Dining to Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach is known for being Myrtle Beach’s premier spot for family fun and entertainment. But, did you know that Broadway also boasts an impressive lineup of fantastic kid-friendly dining options? From south of the border favorites to an eclectic brew house, you can find just about everything at this bustling outdoor venue. Check out some of the visitor favorites at Broadway at the Beach:
Hard Rock Café
The recently renovated Hard Rock Café is now located front and center at Celebrity Square. The new building is a far cry from the former iconic pyramid and features a new modern feel with an impressive façade that features an oversized guitar and expansive outdoor dining. The new two-story experience is more than just visually appealing; Hard Rock still offers and extensive scratch-made menu that is sure to please everyone in your group. Menu items include an array of starters, salads, flatbreads, sandwiches, burgers, house-smoked BBQ, and desserts. Hard Rock also showcases popular music paraphernalia and hosts live entertainment throughout the week. Call (843) 946-0007 for more information.
Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery
Looking for a casual spot to enjoy time with family and friends? If so, look no farther than Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery. This popular destination offers an eclectic atmosphere and creative cuisine that keeps both visitors and locals coming back time and time again. Nosh on happy hour snacks like pretzel bites, succulent wings, or even a pint of bacon and then dig in to one of their hearty entrees like homestyle meatloaf, fish n’ chips, or southern fried chicken. Grab a seat on the spacious outdoor patio and take in the bustling Broadway scenery or snag a table inside to enjoy waterfront views. Call (843) 626-4677 for more information.
This American classic boasts being the home of “the original hamburger” and the food definitely doesn’t disappoint. The 50’s style diner vibes and fast, friendly service are just a few of the perks guests can look forward to. Menu items consist of American classic like hand pressed burgers, philly cheese steaks, hotdogs, salads, baskets, and handspun milkshakes and floats. Kids in particular love the unique atmosphere and delectable menu selections. Call (843) 448-8575 for more information.
Landry’s Seafood has been a Myrtle Beach tradition for over 20 years and shows no sign of slowing down any time soon. A great place for a more adult evening or girls’ night on the town, Landry’s offers a chic, fun New Orleans flare and the beach’s freshest seafood. Get started with an order of the flash fried calamari, the shrimp enbrochette, or oysters on the half shell or with a generous bowl of the famous Landry’s gumbo. For dinner, guests can choose from a wide selection of favorites like stuffed flounder, crawfish etouffee, BBQ shrimp, and cranberry pecan crusted mahi – to name just a few. The mouthwatering cuisine and fun atmosphere make this seafood spot a Broadway favorite! Call (843) 444-1010 for more information.
King Kong Sushi
Sushi experts and beginners alike will love the tantalizing bites offered at King Kong Sushi. Whether you prefer cooked rolls with items like eel, crab, shrimp or fresh favorites like tuna, salmon, and snapper, you are sure to find plenty of creative concoctions to suit your tastes. If, however, you are with guests who are not a fan of sushi or aren’t a fan yourself – fret not! King Kong also offers several grilled chops and plenty of Asian favorites like hibachi and ceviche. King Kong also offers a generous lineup of lunch specials throughout the year. Call (843) 626-2444 for more information.
Coming Soon – Summer 2017: Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen
Lovers of southern cuisine, rejoice! Paula Deen is opening one of her signature family style restaurants right here in Myrtle Beach. The new eatery is currently under construction at Broadway at the Beach and is slated to open Summer 2017.
Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and will serve hearty southern favorites. This unique dining experience will be unlike anything else in the area and will feature true “family style” service. The menu will feature set prices for each meal and guests will have several options to choose from to share with the table. For example, during dinner service, guests will choose 3 dinner dishes and four sides to be shared with the entire table. Each guest will also get a signature dessert included in the meal price.
Top 10 Under $10 Near Coral Beach: Attractions
Planning a Myrtle Beach vacation can quickly escalate into a costly endeavor. The cost of travel, meals, and entertainment can seem overwhelming.
If sticking to a budget is a concern, fret not! Coral Beach Resort is here to help.
Not only is Myrtle Beach one of the most family friendly attractions along the east coast, but also one of the most affordable. In fact, Coral Beach Resort offers a convenient location near many affordable family entertainment options.
Want to know how to get the most out of your money without spending more than $10 dollars per person? We have the scoop on the top 10 attractions in Myrtle Beach all under $10!
1. Putt-Putt | Various Locations
What could be more fun than a little family competition? Though Myrtle Beach is known as the golf capital of the world, the fun doesn’t stop on the greens. Golfers of all levels can enjoy trying their hand at this age old beach tradition.
A few mini-golf courses near Coral Beach Include:
Myrtle Beach is notorious for the dozens of mini-golf spots scattered around the city. Not only can you find an awesome place to knock out a few holes at, but you can also play a round for under $10!
- Spyglass Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10:30pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 10 are $7. Call (843)-626-9309 for more information.
- Treasure Island Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 7 are $7. Call (843)-449-4754 for more information.
- Jungle Lagoon | 5th Ave South: Open from 10am to 9pm. Tickets are $8 for adults and children 5 to 12 are $6.50. Looking to play all day? All Day Rates for adults are only $9.50, and children $8.50. Call (843)-626-7894 for more information.
- Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 8pm. Tickets are $9 before 6pm for all ages. Call (843)-913-7851 for more information.
2.) Catch a Movie | Various Theaters
Need a break from the heat? Or, did you get stuck with a rare rainy beach day? Don’t fret! Myrtle Beach offers several fun ways to spend time together as a family indoors, including several movie theaters. Catch the latest flicks at one of the area theaters: Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grand Mall, & Market Common.
Cinemark at the Coastal Grand Mall offers special daily promotions all under $10! Tuesdays are discount days all day making tickets only $4.75. There is an Early Bird special that runs daily for the first matinee showtime of the day that starts before 1pm. Tickets for the Early Bird special are $5.25. For more information on prices and for showtimes at Cinemark please call (843)-839-3225.
Movie prices vary, but are in the $6 - $9 range per person, depending on the time of day. Don’t forget to budget a little extra to splurge on your favorite movie snacks!
3.) Visit The Arcade | Various Location
One of the most forgotten and inexpensive activities one could participate in is the arcade. Replay classic arcade games like skee ball, pacman, and the pinball machine! $10 dollars goes a long way over at the arcade so don’t be afraid to indulge.
A few arcades near Coral Beach Include:
- Fun Plaza | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located on the strip in Myrtle Beach, Fun Plaza is open from 10am - 12am. Call (843)-448-5141 for more information.
- Boardwalk Arcade | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located along the scenic Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this arcade is open daily from 10am - 10pm. Call (843) 997-1536 for information.
- Jungle Fun Arcade | Coastal Grand Mall: Jungle Fun Arcade is located inside of the Coastal Grand Mall right beside the food court. Open from 10am to 9pm, call (843)-839-3329 for more information.
4.) Grab Tickets to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a minor league baseball team located right in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Grabbing a few tickets to one of their games doesn’t just allow for a great baseball experience with the family but will also not break the bank. Ticket prices vary between $7 and $9 dollars depending on the day and the section the tickets are in.
The Pelicans offer several fun, family-friendly promotions throughout the week, including…
- Backpack Buddies Monday: Donate an item from the approved Backpack Buddies List and receive ½ price admission.
- Craft Beer Tuesday: $2 12 oz. craft draughts from 6pm-8pm.
- Wiener Wednesday: BOGO Hebrew National hot dogs!
- Thirsty Thursday: $1.00 Bud & Bud Light Draughts and $2 16 oz. cans from 6pm-8pm.
They also offer post-game fireworks during the summer games when weather is permitting. For more information on tickets and games call (843)-918-6002.
5.) Check Out A Pier
There are several piers just a short distance from Coral Beach Resort, making this activity fast and easy. Every pier in Myrtle Beach allows for amazing views of the beautiful coastline, and a quick place to grab a bite to eat, and even fishing opportunities. Most piers are either free or charge $1-$2 to enter and fishing starts as low as $7 for the day.
Popular Piers Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- 2nd Ave Pier | Myrtle Beach: 2nd Avenue Pier is open from 7am - 9pm daily (hours vary seasonally). Fishing passes are $9. Call (843)-626-8480 for more information.
- 14th Ave. Pier | Myrtle Beach: 14th Avenue Pier is open from 7am - 11pm daily. Fishing passes are $7. Please call (843)-448-4314 for more information.
- Springmaid Pier | Myrtle Beach: The Springmaid Pier is open from 6am - midnight daily. Fishing passes are $9 per day to fish. Call (843)-315-7156 for more information.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier | Myrtle Beach: The State Park pier is open during park hours, which are from 6am - 8pm. A pier pass is $5 for adults and $3 for ages 6-15. SC residents 65 and older are $3.25. Call (843)-238-5326 for more information.
6.) Hot Summer Nights
Toss your $10 dollars back into your wallet because the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk brings you FREE events from June - August. The Hot Summer Nights series offers live entertainment, fireworks, games, volleyball tournaments, and an entire night dedicated to kids!
Monday | Kidz Carnival | Plyler Park
Enjoy kids’ entertainment, huge inflatables, face painting, balloon animals, and more! This event is held every Monday from June 6th through August 15th from 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday | Rock-n-Rumble | 9th Ave Stage
Live entertainment on the 9th Ave Stage from 7pm to 9pm between the Bowery and the beach volleyball courts. Stick around after the show for live fireworks, which are known to be the best show along the Grand Strand! Wednesday nights in Plyler Park between 8pm and 9:30pm are dedicated to David Chaney, the Boardwalk Elvis!
Friday| Seaside Concerts | Plyler Park
Every Friday night enjoy a variety of top bands in the area on the I Love Sugar Stage in Plyler Park. Shows run from 7pm to 10pm.
Sunday | Celebrations Concert Series | Plyler Park
Every Sunday night on the I Love Sugar Stage, come down and view Contemporary Christian Rock bands from 7pm to 8:30pm.
7.) Myrtle Beach State Park| Myrtle Beach
This lovely state park is the perfect location to spend the day hiking, camping, fishing, and even relaxing by the ocean. Admission prices are only $5 for adults, $3.25 for SC Seniors 65 and older, $3 for children ages 6 through 15 and free for children 5 and younger.
The park offers tons of activities and events to keep you busy during your visit. Various crafts are offered for children, several picnic shelters are scattered along the park, and self-led activities such as a scavenger hunt and maritime forest bingo are also available.
The park is open daily from 6am - 10pm, please call (843)-238-5325 for more information.
8.) Enjoy A Little Friendly Competition - Bowling
Bowling is a fun and exciting way to spend an afternoon if you need a break from the heat or you want to try out your killer bowling skills. Most bowling alleys in the area offer awesome daily promotions so you can really get a bang for your buck!
Bowling Alleys Near Coral Beach Include:
- Myrtle Beach Bowl | Myrtle Beach: Located in the center of town, this bowling alley provides the best deals and promotions to get your $10 dollars worth! 1-hour games with shoes are only $8 per person, which leaves you with a couple bucks left over for a snack or a hydrating beverage. Don’t forget to register your kids online because all summer long, kids bowl for free! Hours of operation vary depending on the day, so make sure to look up the hours prior to walking in. Call (843)-236-1020 for more information
- Surfside Bowl | Surfside Beach: Located just a couple miles up the road from our resort, Surfside Bowl will bring hours of nonstop fun for everyone! With single game prices varying between $3.25 to $4.00 (not including shoes) there is no doubt you will have some extra cash leftover to splurge over at their arcade or their grill & bar! For more information please call (843)-839-2000
- 710 Bowling: Located just a short drive north, 710 Bowling is a recent addition to the Grand Strand. Not only does 710 offer several traditional bowling lanes, this family epicenter also offers glow bowling, arcade games, pool tables, yard games like bocce ball and corn hole, board games, darts, and a full restaurant and bar. Call (843) 663-2695 for more information.
9.) Ripley’s Mirror Maze | Ocean Blvd.
Located along the boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, this thrilling adventure takes you face-to-face through an LED lighting and digital sound mirror maze! Grab a friend and compete for the fastest time! Tickets are just $9.99 for all ages and will allow you to enter as many times as you please during the date of your ticket purchase. Tickets can be purchased online or in person. Call (843)-448-2331 for more information.
10.) Have A Picnic At A Local Park
Pack a bag of snacks and beverages, stuff a couple beach towels in the car, and head out to one of the beautiful parks Myrtle Beach has to offer for a picnic! A picnic in one of the local parks is an inexpensive and relaxing activity that will brighten up your day. Area parks not only offer a great way to enjoy the beautiful beach weather, but also plenty of open space and park equipment to keep your crew busy for an afternoon.
Parks Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- Anderson Family Park | 20th Ave. N. Ocean Blvd.
- Chapin Park | 16th Ave. N. and Hwy 17
- Grand Park | The Market Common
- Justin W. Plyler Boardwalk Park| Mr. Joe White Ave and Ocean Blvd.
- Mclean Park | Oak Drive
- Plyler Park | N. Ocean Blvd.
There you have it, our list of the Top 10 attractions near Coral Beach resort that you can enjoy for under $10 / person! If you want to save even more money during your vacation, be sure to visit our resort specials page to see our current discounts.