Planning a Myrtle Beach vacation can quickly escalate into a costly endeavor. The cost of travel, meals, and entertainment can seem overwhelming.
If sticking to a budget is a concern, fret not! Coral Beach Resort is here to help.
Not only is Myrtle Beach one of the most family friendly attractions along the east coast, but also one of the most affordable. In fact, Coral Beach Resort offers a convenient location near many affordable family entertainment options.
Want to know how to get the most out of your money without spending more than $10 dollars per person? We have the scoop on the top 10 attractions in Myrtle Beach all under $10!
1. Putt-Putt | Various Locations
What could be more fun than a little family competition? Though Myrtle Beach is known as the golf capital of the world, the fun doesn’t stop on the greens. Golfers of all levels can enjoy trying their hand at this age old beach tradition.
A few mini-golf courses near Coral Beach Include:
Myrtle Beach is notorious for the dozens of mini-golf spots scattered around the city. Not only can you find an awesome place to knock out a few holes at, but you can also play a round for under $10!
- Spyglass Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10:30pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 10 are $7. Call (843)-626-9309 for more information.
- Treasure Island Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 10pm. Tickets are $9 for adults and children ages 5 to 7 are $7. Call (843)-449-4754 for more information.
- Jungle Lagoon | 5th Ave South: Open from 10am to 9pm. Tickets are $8 for adults and children 5 to 12 are $6.50. Looking to play all day? All Day Rates for adults are only $9.50, and children $8.50. Call (843)-626-7894 for more information.
- Captain Hook’s Adventure Golf | N. Kings Hwy: Open from 9am to 8pm. Tickets are $9 before 6pm for all ages. Call (843)-913-7851 for more information.
2.) Catch a Movie | Various Theaters
Need a break from the heat? Or, did you get stuck with a rare rainy beach day? Don’t fret! Myrtle Beach offers several fun ways to spend time together as a family indoors, including several movie theaters. Catch the latest flicks at one of the area theaters: Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grand Mall, & Market Common.
Cinemark at the Coastal Grand Mall offers special daily promotions all under $10! Tuesdays are discount days all day making tickets only $4.75. There is an Early Bird special that runs daily for the first matinee showtime of the day that starts before 1pm. Tickets for the Early Bird special are $5.25. For more information on prices and for showtimes at Cinemark please call (843)-839-3225.
Movie prices vary, but are in the $6 – $9 range per person, depending on the time of day. Don’t forget to budget a little extra to splurge on your favorite movie snacks!
3.) Visit The Arcade | Various Location
One of the most forgotten and inexpensive activities one could participate in is the arcade. Replay classic arcade games like skee ball, pacman, and the pinball machine! $10 dollars goes a long way over at the arcade so don’t be afraid to indulge.
A few arcades near Coral Beach Include:
- Fun Plaza | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located on the strip in Myrtle Beach, Fun Plaza is open from 10am – 12am. Call (843)-448-5141 for more information.
- Boardwalk Arcade | Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach: Located along the scenic Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this arcade is open daily from 10am – 10pm. Call (843) 997-1536 for information.
- Jungle Fun Arcade | Coastal Grand Mall: Jungle Fun Arcade is located inside of the Coastal Grand Mall right beside the food court. Open from 10am to 9pm, call (843)-839-3329 for more information.
4.) Grab Tickets to a Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are a minor league baseball team located right in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Grabbing a few tickets to one of their games doesn’t just allow for a great baseball experience with the family but will also not break the bank. Ticket prices vary between $7 and $9 dollars depending on the day and the section the tickets are in.
The Pelicans offer several fun, family-friendly promotions throughout the week, including…
- Backpack Buddies Monday: Donate an item from the approved Backpack Buddies List and receive ½ price admission.
- Craft Beer Tuesday: $2 12 oz. craft draughts from 6pm-8pm.
- Wiener Wednesday: BOGO Hebrew National hot dogs!
- Thirsty Thursday: $1.00 Bud & Bud Light Draughts and $2 16 oz. cans from 6pm-8pm.
They also offer post-game fireworks during the summer games when weather is permitting. For more information on tickets and games call (843)-918-6002.
5.) Check Out A Pier
There are several piers just a short distance from Coral Beach Resort, making this activity fast and easy. Every pier in Myrtle Beach allows for amazing views of the beautiful coastline, and a quick place to grab a bite to eat, and even fishing opportunities. Most piers are either free or charge $1-$2 to enter and fishing starts as low as $7 for the day.
Popular Piers Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- 2nd Ave Pier | Myrtle Beach: 2nd Avenue Pier is open from 7am – 9pm daily (hours vary seasonally). Fishing passes are $9. Call (843)-626-8480 for more information.
- 14th Ave. Pier | Myrtle Beach: 14th Avenue Pier is open from 7am – 11pm daily. Fishing passes are $7. Please call (843)-448-4314 for more information.
- Springmaid Pier | Myrtle Beach: The Springmaid Pier is open from 6am – midnight daily. Fishing passes are $9 per day to fish. Call (843)-315-7156 for more information.
- Myrtle Beach State Park Pier | Myrtle Beach: The State Park pier is open during park hours, which are from 6am – 8pm. A pier pass is $5 for adults and $3 for ages 6-15. SC residents 65 and older are $3.25. Call (843)-238-5326 for more information.
6.) Hot Summer Nights
Toss your $10 dollars back into your wallet because the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk brings you FREE events from June – August. The Hot Summer Nights series offers live entertainment, fireworks, games, volleyball tournaments, and an entire night dedicated to kids!
Monday | Kidz Carnival | Plyler Park
Enjoy kids’ entertainment, huge inflatables, face painting, balloon animals, and more! This event is held every Monday from June 6th through August 15th from 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday | Rock-n-Rumble | 9th Ave Stage
Live entertainment on the 9th Ave Stage from 7pm to 9pm between the Bowery and the beach volleyball courts. Stick around after the show for live fireworks, which are known to be the best show along the Grand Strand! Wednesday nights in Plyler Park between 8pm and 9:30pm are dedicated to David Chaney, the Boardwalk Elvis!
Friday| Seaside Concerts | Plyler Park
Every Friday night enjoy a variety of top bands in the area on the I Love Sugar Stage in Plyler Park. Shows run from 7pm to 10pm.
Sunday | Celebrations Concert Series | Plyler Park
Every Sunday night on the I Love Sugar Stage, come down and view Contemporary Christian Rock bands from 7pm to 8:30pm.
7.) Myrtle Beach State Park| Myrtle Beach
This lovely state park is the perfect location to spend the day hiking, camping, fishing, and even relaxing by the ocean. Admission prices are only $5 for adults, $3.25 for SC Seniors 65 and older, $3 for children ages 6 through 15 and free for children 5 and younger.
The park offers tons of activities and events to keep you busy during your visit. Various crafts are offered for children, several picnic shelters are scattered along the park, and self-led activities such as a scavenger hunt and maritime forest bingo are also available.
The park is open daily from 6am – 10pm, please call (843)-238-5325 for more information.
8.) Enjoy A Little Friendly Competition – Bowling
Bowling is a fun and exciting way to spend an afternoon if you need a break from the heat or you want to try out your killer bowling skills. Most bowling alleys in the area offer awesome daily promotions so you can really get a bang for your buck!
Bowling Alleys Near Coral Beach Include:
- Myrtle Beach Bowl | Myrtle Beach: Located in the center of town, this bowling alley provides the best deals and promotions to get your $10 dollars worth! 1-hour games with shoes are only $8 per person, which leaves you with a couple bucks left over for a snack or a hydrating beverage. Don’t forget to register your kids online because all summer long, kids bowl for free! Hours of operation vary depending on the day, so make sure to look up the hours prior to walking in. Call (843)-236-1020 for more information
- Surfside Bowl | Surfside Beach: Located just a couple miles up the road from our resort, Surfside Bowl will bring hours of nonstop fun for everyone! With single game prices varying between $3.25 to $4.00 (not including shoes) there is no doubt you will have some extra cash leftover to splurge over at their arcade or their grill & bar! For more information please call (843)-839-2000
- 710 Bowling: Located just a short drive north, 710 Bowling is a recent addition to the Grand Strand. Not only does 710 offer several traditional bowling lanes, this family epicenter also offers glow bowling, arcade games, pool tables, yard games like bocce ball and corn hole, board games, darts, and a full restaurant and bar. Call (843) 663-2695 for more information.
9.) Ripley’s Mirror Maze | Ocean Blvd.
Located along the boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, this thrilling adventure takes you face-to-face through an LED lighting and digital sound mirror maze! Grab a friend and compete for the fastest time! Tickets are just $9.99 for all ages and will allow you to enter as many times as you please during the date of your ticket purchase. Tickets can be purchased online or in person. Call (843)-448-2331 for more information.
10.) Have A Picnic At A Local Park
Pack a bag of snacks and beverages, stuff a couple beach towels in the car, and head out to one of the beautiful parks Myrtle Beach has to offer for a picnic! A picnic in one of the local parks is an inexpensive and relaxing activity that will brighten up your day. Area parks not only offer a great way to enjoy the beautiful beach weather, but also plenty of open space and park equipment to keep your crew busy for an afternoon.
Parks Near Coral Beach Resort Include:
- Anderson Family Park | 20th Ave. N. Ocean Blvd.
- Chapin Park | 16th Ave. N. and Hwy 17
- Grand Park | The Market Common
- Justin W. Plyler Boardwalk Park| Mr. Joe White Ave and Ocean Blvd.
- Mclean Park | Oak Drive
- Plyler Park | N. Ocean Blvd.
There you have it, our list of the Top 10 attractions near Coral Beach resort that you can enjoy for under $10 / person! If you want to save even more money during your vacation, be sure to visit our resort specials page to see our current discounts.