From one side of the Grand Strand to the other, Christmas celebrations are underway! Beyond the typical holiday shows, light displays and parades, Myrtle Beach oozes with unique festive fun with Christmas tree scavenger hunts, special meals with Santa, holiday-themed costume contests and so much more!
Coral Beach has the scoop on all the seasonal festivities and we’re here to guide you in celebrating Christmas at the beach in 2021. Myrtle Beach in the winter may be chillier than June or July, but the fun doesn’t stop just because the temperatures cool down. Check out all the ways you can celebrate Christmas in Myrtle Beach during your stay at the Coral Beach Resort & Suites!
More Christmas Events
Holiday Lights On The Grand Strand
- The Great Christmas Light Show @ North Myrtle Beach Parks & Spot Complex: This extravagant light show features a 2-mile driving path through 500+ light displays covered in more than two million twinkling Christmas lights. Wow! The show is open daily from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., Nov. 22nd through Dec. 30th but will be closed on Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. Tickets are $15 per car for up to 15 people. Santa’s Village will return as part of this year’s Great Christmas Light Show on weekends thru Dec. 12th; it will be open nightly starting on Dec. 13th. Guests can enjoy a FREE petting zoo and FREE photos with Santa. Hot chocolate and s’mores, a train ride, an elf hunt and toys are available for purchase.
- Nights of a Thousand Candles @ Brookgreen Gardens: This seasonal event is open 4:00 – 9:00 p.m., Nov. 26th through Jan. 2nd. Guests are invited to stroll through the gardens while enjoying a hot cup of cider and listening to carolers sing holiday classics. There are also a variety of dining options on-site. The event features more than 2,800 hand-lit candles and innumerable twinkle lights. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Adult tickets are $30, and children’s are $15.
Night of a Thousand Candles
- The Lighting of the Menorah @ Valor Memorial Garden in The Market Common: Join the local Jewish community each evening at 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 28th – Dec. 5th for the Lighting of the Menorah.
- Annual Christmas Tree Lighting @ The Market Common: The holiday season begins at The Market Common with the annual Christmas Tree Lighting event. Starting at 6:00 p.m. on Nov. 20th, join the community for Santa’s arrival, photo ops in his sleigh and the lighting of the tree in front of Grand 14 Cinema. Throughout the complex, you’ll find tons of kids activities including train rides, face painting, balloon art and bounce houses. Don’t miss the Coastal Dance Center’s performance of The Nutcracker at 7:00 p.m.
Christmas Shows In Myrtle Beach
- The Christmas Show of the South @ The Carolina Opry: Running now through Jan. 2nd, the Carolina Opry celebrates the 36th season of its Christmas Special in 2021. Guests are greeted by more than 35 decorated Christmas trees, 5 miles of Christmas lights and more than 75 holiday wreaths. You and your family can even have your picture taken in front of the 30-foot Christmas tree in the lobby, covered in more than 25,000 lights. You’re sure to feel the holiday spirit as you enjoy live music and performances from some of the nation’s most talented musicians and vocalists. Ticket prices range based on seat location with special pricing for children and students. View dates and showtimes online and easily purchase your tickets.
- The South’s Grandest Christmas Show @ The Alabama Theatre: Enjoy this holiday combination of scenery, talent, and special effects now through Jan. 1, 2022. Guests will experience Christmas classics throughout the show with contemporary holiday favorites mixed in. Children’s tickets are $19.95, and adult tickets start at $44.95. See the full schedule of showtimes online and quickly purchase your seats for the 2021 season.
The South’s Grandest Christmas Show
- Christmas at Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show: Attend the Pirates Voyage Christmas show now thru Jan. 1, 2022. Watch as the Christmas Spirit takes Captain Scrooge on a journey through time to find the true meaning of Christmas! This show is full of music, acrobatics, animals, a live nativity and a delicious four-course holiday meal. Children’s tickets are $29.99, and adults’ are $59.99. You’ll find the full schedule and menu on the website and can purchase your tickets online.
- Legends in Concert: Legends in Concert is back for the 2021 holiday season! Starting in November and running through Jan. 1, 2022, tribute performers will include Aretha Franklin, Elvis Presley, The Blues Brothers and Reba McEntire. Expect to enjoy a full concert with top hits and Christmas classics from each artist. Tickets start at $18 for children and $45.95 for adults. Reserve your seat online today!
Festive Holiday Events Near You
- Holiday Events in North Myrtle Beach: The city of North Myrtle Beach is hosting several holiday events in 2021. Kick off the season on November 30th at 6:00 p.m. with a Christmas tree lighting at McLean Park where you can expect Christmas music, activities and refreshments. Pet parents are invited to bring their furry friends to the NMB Sports Complex for FREE photos with Santa on Nov. 28th and Dec. 11th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each date. Crafters should check out the FREE wreath-making workshop on Dec. 2nd at the J Bryan Floyd Community Center. The event is from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., and participants are asked to bring their own wreath form (all other supplies are provided). Join the tradition at the 37th Annual All City Christmas Cantata on Dec. 4th and 5th. This beloved musical program will take place at Living Water Baptist Church in Longs at 3:30 p.m. on both days. Continue the holiday joy on Dec. 4th with the annual Christmas Parade on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. The parade starts at 5:30 p.m. and will include local performers, festive floats and Santa Clause himself!
- The Festival of Trees @ Ripley’s Aquarium: Visit Ripley’s Aquarium through Jan. 2nd to see their spectacular Christmas trees. Every nook and cranny of the aquarium is filled with bright lights and festive decor. The highlights of this holiday showcase are the 55 holiday trees decorated to represent each of the US’s states and territories. The South Carolina tree is the tallest, standing more than 18 feet tall! You can even test your US knowledge with a Christmas tree scavenger hunt. Participation in the Festival of Trees is included with all general admission tickets.
The Festival of Trees
- The Polar Bus Express @ The Market Common: On six special dates in December, you and your family have the opportunity to join a ride to the “North Pole of The Market Common.” Decorated in holiday decor and filled with the sounds of The Polar Express™, The Polar Bus Express reenacts the best scenes from the popular Christmas movie. With each ticket purchased, guests receive a souvenir golden ticket, a “BELIEVE” sleigh bell, a chocolate chip cookie and hot cocoa. Tickets are $34.95 each and must be purchased in advance. Dates are Dec. 3rd, 4th, 11th, 17th, 18th and 22nd with rides at 5:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- Surfside Beach Festivities: The town of Surfside Beach proudly hosts two annual Christmas events. First, enjoy the annual Christmas Tree Lighting on Dec. 4th at 4:00 p.m. The event will take place at Memorial Park next to the Surfside Library and include food, fun and Santa. The annual Surfside Beach Christmas Parade will take place on Dec. 11th starting at 2:00 p.m. The parade route will start at Melody Drive, run north down Hwy 17 Business then turn onto Surfside Drive and end at Poplar Drive.
Scrumptious Holiday Meals
- Breakfast with Santa or The Grinch @ the Hard Rock Cafe:
- Santa Breakfast: Kids will enjoy breakfast and photos with the big guy plus a morning filled with holiday activities including decorating cookies and ornaments, a coloring contest and a holiday outfit competition (cutest wins). Breakfast tickets are $11.95 for kids (ages 4-11) and $17.95 for adults and kids ages 12 and up. Kids ages three and under are free with a paying adult. This event will be held on Dec. 12th & 19th, 9:00 a.m. – noon each day.
- The Grinch Breakfast: Kids will enjoy breakfast and photos with the Grinch plus a morning filled with holiday activities including decorating cookies and ornaments, a coloring contest and a holiday outfit competition (cutest wins). Breakfast tickets are $11.95 for kids (ages 4-11) and $17.95 for adults and kids ages 12 and up. Kids three and under are free with a paying adult. This event will be held on Dec. 11th & 18th, 9:00 a.m. – noon each day.
- Tacos with Santa @ Nacho Hippo (Market Common location): Join us for this first-come, first-serve event on Dec 12th. From noon to 2:00 p.m., guests are invited to enjoy some yummy tacos and snap a few photos with Santa.
- Breakfast with a Mermaid and Santa: Ripley’s Aquarium is hosting a special holiday breakfast with Santa. Grab your tickets online for this one-day-only event taking place on Dec. 4th from 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. In addition to a full breakfast buffet, kids can enjoy a meet-and-greet and photo-op with Santa, holiday crafts with a mermaid and story
Breakfast with the Grinch
time. General admission into the aquarium and the Festival of Trees experience is included with your special ticket. Children’s tickets are $12.99 – $39.99 (depending on age) and adult tickets are $49.99.
- Local Restaurants Open on Christmas Day: (not an all-inclusive list)
Christmas Shopping Venues
- Shopping Malls:
- Coastal Grand Mall @ 2000 Coastal Grand Cir, Myrtle Beach; open Mon. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sun. noon – 6:00 p.m.; click here for holiday hours
- Myrtle Beach Mall @ 10177 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach; open Mon. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sun. noon – 6:00 p.m.; click here for holiday hours
- Holiday Markets:
- Rivertown Holiday Market @ Conway Sports and Fitness Center: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Dec. 4th
- Holiday Market @ Valor Park in The Market Common: Noon – 4:00 p.m, Saturdays through Dec. 18th
- The Christmas Mouse:
- 4852 N Kings Hwy, North Myrtle Beach, open Sun. – Thurs. 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Fri. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- 2306 South Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, open 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- 10880 Ocean Highway Ste. 15, Pawleys Island, Mon. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sun. 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Christmas Mouse in North Myrtle Beach
- Tanger Outlets:
- Hwy 17 located at 10835 Kings Road: Mon. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., click here for holiday hours
- Hwy 501 located at 4635 Factory Stores Blvd: Mon. – Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., click here for holiday hours
Celebrating Christmas in Myrtle Beach is sure to be an enjoyable experience! With the help of our 2021 holiday guide, you’re sure to find the perfect activities to fill your itinerary.
If you haven’t yet booked your stay at Coral Beach Resort & Suites for Christmas 2021, there’s still time! Check out our specials page with the latest deals and packages and book your holiday vacation in Myrtle Beach today!