Here’s everything you need to know about Myrtle Beach in October–take a look!
Is October a good time to visit Myrtle Beach?
October is a fantastic time to visit Myrtle Beach. Not only is the weather perfect, but the crowds are smaller, as well. October is the perfect time to enjoy the beach and the variety of fall festival events happening all along the Grand Strand.
Is Myrtle Beach warm in October?
Let’s get right to the punch, the short answer is YES! While there are usually a handful of cooler days throughout the month, the average temperature for Myrtle Beach in October is a comfortable 75°F. Did we mention that we usually only have around 5 days of rain throughout the entire month? (But in case of rain, here are a few fun things to do during rainy days.)
We’re not sure about you, but we prefer sunny and 75° over humid and 105° any day!
Can you swim in Myrtle Beach in October?
During the month of October, the water stays around 76°F, perfect for splashing around or boogie boarding!
If it’s a chilly October day during your vacation, don’t worry! Coral Beach has one of the largest indoor heated pool complexes in Myrtle Beach, so be sure to pack your swimsuit!
What are some reasons to visit Myrtle Beach in October?
Aside from the perfect weather, one of our other top reasons for a Myrtle Beach vacation in October is fewer crowds! There is a whole lot to do in our exciting beach town, but during the summer months, the lines can get long. October is a great time to visit if you are looking for a more relaxed feel and the ability to make last-minute dinner or event reservations.
October is also a great time for golfing in Myrtle Beach. Many courses have affordable fall packages and the milder temperatures make for desirable tee times all day long. Here are the top 10 must-play golf courses in Myrtle Beach.
What is there to do in October?
Since the weather is cool and less humid during October, it’s an amazing opportunity to get out and explore the parts of the Grand Strand you haven’t seen before. Sip wine and enjoy live music at La Belle Amie Vineyard, take a stroll through acres of botanical gardens at Brookgreen or visit Atalaya Castle in Huntington Beach State Park, the historical home of a Southern socialite.
Here a few other fun things to do while visiting during the fall:
- Shop until you drop – we have the best shops, outlets and sales in Myrtle Beach!
- Splash around on a jet ski or take a boat ride – after all, the water is still warm!
- Grab a bite to eat at Broadway at the Beach – with no wait time!
There are typically a variety of fun fall events happening in Myrtle Beach in October. Here are a few 2021 events:
- Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest – October 8-9 – Celebrate the fall with family-friendly activities, live entertainment and local vendors.
- Art in the Park – October 9-10 – One of the longest-running art festivals in the area, now held at Valor Park.
- St. John’s Greek Festival – October 14-16 – Offering a drive-through experience with Greek food & pastries to-go.
- Loris Bog-Off Festival – October 16 – Chicken bog competition and family-friendly festival with vendors, live entertainment and fireworks.
- Myrtle Beach Jeep Jam – October 29-31 – An all-Jeep car show with obstacle courses, beach crawls, raffles and vendors.
- BooFest! At Barefoot Landing – October 30 – A made-for-kids fall festival with costume contests, face painting, bouncy houses and more.
- Halloween Bash on the Avenue – October 30 – Adult costume contest and party with live entertainment, cash prizes and drink specials.
- Trick or Treat @ Barefoot Landing – October 31 – Shops at Barefoot Landing will be ready to greet costumed children and provide treats.
- Trick or Treat @ Broadway at the Beach – October 31 – Enjoy a night of Trick or Treating at your favorite Broadway shops, restaurants and attractions.
Is Myrtle Beach Boardwalk open in October?
Yes, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is open year-round, including October. Though some of the shops may shut down in the off-season, there is still so much to see and explore! One of our favorite things to do on the boardwalk is to ride the SkyWheel and get a bird’s-eye view of the Grand Strand.
What Myrtle Beach hotel deals are available in October?
Coral Beach Resort & Suites boasts specials every month of the year, but in October, the deals are even sweeter. Visitors to Coral Beach can receive up to 30% off standard room rates in October. Additionally, reservations can be held for only $69 and a $10 resort credit will be provided to guests for each night of their stay.
Other hotel deals offered by Coral Beach include a daily resort credit for active military members, veterans and their families, savings of up to 40% off for 2022 vacations and a $125 resort credit when you stay 5 or more nights starting in April 2022.
When you are ready to book your next vacation to Myrtle Beach, be sure to review the upgrades and add-ons available with every stay at Coral Beach including breakfast, entertainment, celebration and romance packages.
Book your oceanfront room at Coral Beach today and we’ll see you in Myrtle Beach in October!